A Local Council for Protection of Children (LCPC) meeting was held on June 20, 2017 at Alfonso Mayor Varias’ office.
1. Alfonso SPED (SPECIAL EDUCATION) Center
AWH relayed about the following suggestions we offered to them before:
- assistance to implement on-line therapy
- assistance to hire a part time driver to take the para-teacher to the homes of the disabled children
- we can assist in the P50,000 training fee for more para-teachers where the trainer can come to the SPED Center
- provide supplements B6 & D3 to pregnant women & to autistic & intellectually disabled children
Among the choices above Gina of DSWD said they are interested if we can assist financially in hiring a full time driver to take the para-teachers to the homes of the disabled children. We will discuss further for more perpetuated and practical aid.
2. End TB Program
AWH asked Dr. Manzo of municipal health department about our second P15,000 financial assistance to procure additional TB medicines. She said there is enough supply of TB medicines thus she does not need yet our second financial assistance. Instead she mentioned about the dire need of B6 supplement. She said B6 is good for pregnant women & people suffering from TB as well. There is no supply of B6 from the government. She added Vitamin C & Folic Acid are beneficial to these patients.
3. Teenage Pregnancy Forum
In conjunction with RIMM (Rotary International Multinational Manila), another Teenage Pregnancy Forum is planned in July at Lucushin National High School. The date will be set with Dr. Manzo.
Mayor Varias told everyone in the LCPC meeting that he was appreciative of the active involvement of AWH for the Alfonso community.