On August 14, 2015, Dr. Manzo invited LCPC Members to participate in the “Maternal And Child Health Seminar” and “Anti-Violence Against Women And Children Forum” conducted by the Office of Senator Pia Cayetano (author of the RH bill) held at the conference hall of Municipal Building.
The speaker was Dr. Vivian Eustasio from Senator Pia’s office. It was
attended by representatives of health workers of 32 barangays in Alfonso.
The said seminar/forum is conducted in Cavite & Metro Manila areas.
Some relevant issues on Family Planning was discussed in conjunction with
the health of mother and child.
Some emphasis mentioned in relation to the theme of the seminar were:
- Importance of proper nutrition during pregnancy
- Importance of doctor’s visitation during pregnancy.
- Spacing of years of number of number of children desired
- Consultation on choice of birth control methods to Brgy. Health Workers
- The Rights of the Children
- Women Empowerment